Instagram Follow on Bloglovin

Friday 10 May 2013

MONOCLE, THE CAFE.


(OWN PHOTOGRAPHS.)

A friend and I paid a visit to the newly established Monocle Cafe, it is a lovely cafe. Monocle is tucked away in the well-heeled area of Marylebone. I loved it, I love the minimalism of the cafe, and there is something fresh and innovative about the cafe. We walked in and I was very impressed by the ambiance, clean-cut presentation of the beverages and plump pastries, a selection from elder flower to a crisp cappuccino. My friend loved the pastry we both agreed that the pastry was simply divine they tasted "fresh and straight off the tender hands of the tisserie".

We both loved the environmentally friendly use of the glass bottles and the neat little stickers "drink me chilled", glass bottles look better anyways. With each order you will get a little square chocolate which is of course a lovely touch; on the back it has a little information about the company, if you don't read the magazine. In terms of music or "background noise" the monocle radio is playing throughout which I think is great it gives the place a sense of intelligence about the place. 

I have a thing for furniture it's just a little quirk of mine, I love the interior the color scheme and the photo frames that covered the walls. It was all quite dainty and ultimately perfect, you should go along and a pay a visit especially if you are in the area do yourself the favour of  grabbing a coffee, picking up a plump pastry and a piece of chocolate. I will of course be going back to the cafe of perfect pastries and crisp coffees. 

D. To Ra.