Instagram Follow on Bloglovin

Monday 24 June 2013

London Collections Mens: Matthew Miller SS14.


(I DO NOT OWN THESE PHOTOGRAPHS) 

I am a sophisticated young lady in every way nevertheless, I have a soft spot for menswear from the clean cuts to the cool color pallets. So therefore I held an interest in London Collections Men's and with a intrigued and keen careful eye I observed, every detail and I can say that  I was very excited by what I saw. I have to hand it to the all the LCM designers, pretty much every designer knocked the nail on the head when it came to the runway. Gentlemen I hope you know how lucky you are , designers put so much effort into menswear, guys have no excuse to dress badly at all, for us females, we have to work a little bit harder.  Miller's SS14 runway, for me establishes the essence of the modern-gentleman's wardrobe, detail and precision of an outfit is completely defined, that's my humble opinion, of course this may not be to your liking...but it should be.

Matthew Miller's SS14 runway collection was flawless, from the European male models to the raw hemmed cuts, every piece of detail was so well fragmented together that every model seemed to be wearing a piece of art . Although I do congratulate Miller's male line, this runway did contain two female models so if you can work the androgynous style then Miller has catered for you.  From the collage above you can see the industrial color palette of steel, white and off white, and even though the painted chest piece is for the runway it was a lovely touch, therefore establishing his runway from the rest of the pack. Through the industrial and architectural type cuts, the complexity of clothing is removed from menswear and Miller establishes a clothing line of complete unity and harmony between color and material as well as this Miller acquires a sense of uninterrupted simpleness.

To Ra.