Instagram Follow on Bloglovin

Friday 20 September 2013

MFW SS14 : Ports 1961

Any designer who includes a limited colour palette is receiving all my love, I adore single colour pieces they look incredibly clean and sophisticated. Ports 1961, MFW SS14 showcase is flawless I want every piece...to be truthful I'm not too keen on the colour pieces but nevertheless I'm loving it. Smart looking pieces, silk fabrication and a philosophy of less is obviously is more. Look below, look at the clothes...the details the crispness of each outfit how the clothes, although lacking the an obvious outline it does have ounces of femininity to each outfit. If the colour palette does not appeal to you, no need to fear colours such as pinks and purples are available. 




Now although there were streaks of sophistication and elegance which every designer seems to be try to achieve, this set of photographs gives me a sense of more obvious femininity, the two-tone trend which is used to highlight the female form. Something I am intrigued by is the yellow sunset jumper...isn't it just stunning, I love it and I love the way it fades into the skirt, I myself would ditch the skirt for a pair of cropped trainers which ankle refinement. The all black outfit, Joan Smalls so dashing pulls off is just modernism combined with elegance, the collarless neck is beautiful I can't pull it of myslef but it is great. For all you pattern freaks the middle outfit *(which reminds me of a pretty carpet) is nice pair it with white trousers and you'll be grand. Yes, Ports 1961 has grabbed my attention and I am glad. 

To Ra.