Instagram Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday 8 September 2013

NYFW : Yigal Azrouël SS14

Firstly, I just want to give a high-five to New York, I mean I never assessed New York to be key, groundbreaking or of any relevance, in terms of fashion. This sounds extremely harsh, in my mind New York was living with a stain, the stain of being a "celebrity brand" city, they took no notice of classic tailoring or key trends, all I can say is that....the stigma is no longer attached.


Nevertheless, after Rag and Bone, Jason Wu, Alexander Wang and the many more radiant designers to come I am definitely more observant and considerate towards the  fashion of New York.
Next designer, Yigal Azrouël, this designer has caught my eye and pulled my heart strings (which is not an easy task), the whole collection is flawless. Yigal, is a Israeli American, New York based designer, and I can say, hands down, he is a gift to New York and the rest of the fashion world. I think the colour palette is simple but nevertheless smooth, the tailoring is superb looks immaculate harking and boarding on futuristic...hmm maybe a modernist streak has been applied to this line. Nevertheless, I love it and the strong devotion to art expressed through the monochrome pieces, I love the detail it's slightly playful.


Debs Crosswire