Instagram Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday 8 September 2013

NYFW: Alexander Wang SS14




Alexander Wang, hit the catwalk with dynamite, I find all his collections irresistible and this collection did not fail to disappoint. Wang's collections are ever consistent, what I think is glorious is how he takes typical masculine traits and transform them into strong feminine wear.  Cropped, Pleats, Laser Cut and Print were some of the trends I saw at Alexander Wang's show, and I loved it. What I ultimately admired about Wang's pieces, were the cuts, one feature I appreciated from the SS14 line was the pleats, whether they were small pleats or big I adored them! Runway sets are very important to me, I love seeing what creativity and variations that a designer can create other than their line, Wang's set was brilliant. A massive white geometric box, with holes so you could see the models clearly, loved it and obviously the playlist was up to par.


The white dress with side pleats in the side panelling was simply divine, perfect for a summer/spring wardrobe, elegance paired with classic tailoring. The accessories, hmmm the shoes were not really to my taste, they looked like shoe boxes, nevertheless the detailing on the front of the shoe of crossed of laces was a nice touch. The bags were celestial, I loved the colour selection, an Alexander Wang bag never ceases to disappoint.



A selection of dresses and jackets came in black airtec combined with pleats, which I think is a mastermind coupling, the airtec prints where laser cut so they immediately make the clothing look simplistic and clean cut. The highlight has to be the mesh jumper with the print of "Parental Advisory" on it, loved it definitely need to get one. Although this collection was stunning and I was not left dissatisfied, I'm afraid I think this collection did not surpass his SS13 collection. 

Debs Crosswire.